Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tarini Awatramani: My skepticism of pop spirituality

As in any big city, common afflictions found in seasoned Mumbaikars include chronic dissatisfaction, boredom, identity troubles, economic and existential anxiety and attention spans the length of YouTube videos.

To cope we have the standard pacifiers -- new gadgets, weekends in Goa, coconut-oil head rubs, a good drink, occasional gigs, recycled gossip, venting on Facebook, etc.

Lately, however, I find that my friends and acquaintances are trying something different, an old Indian alternative: meditation.

I have always been wary of meditation, or perhaps just meditators. Love the band, loathe the fans, that sort of thing.

read more

Source: http://www.cnngo.com/mumbai/life/tell-me-about-it/tarini-awatramani-my-skepticism-pop-spirituality-171617

Tara Reed Lauren Bush Lena Headey Leila Arcieri Nicky Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment